An invitation to help build the future as Chemist
The future is green, and we’re moving there fast.
Talga is enabling this transition by establishing a sustainable, vertically integrated European source of advanced materials and battery anode for the burgeoning lithium-ion battery industry. With ownership of the world’s highest grade natural graphite deposits, access to clean Nordic renewable energy, and streamlined production processes, Talga is uniquely positioned to become a key player in the growing green economy.
With operations in northern Sweden; R&D and sales in the UK; processing and distribution in Germany; and our corporate office in Western Australia, Talga is truly a global company.
This role focuses on research and development into new processing technologies for graphite and graphene products. Your demonstrated research capabilities will be critical in planning and carrying out advanced R&D programs and analytical measurements to ensure product properties and quality. With your attention to detail, you will support the quality control team at busy times and during holiday periods. You will also hold a key role in developing and improving the health, safety, and environmental processes in place.
You may be involved in preparing documentation for set up of new research and analytical laboratory processes and facilities for the Talga Group. Having experience in installing and monitoring SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for quality accredited laboratory (i.e. ISO 9001/ISO17025) is appreciated. Previous experience of working in an industrial R&D or analytical laboratory environment and developing HSE processes & documentation is highly desirable.
- Plan and carry out research and development projects aligned with the company strategy
- Test methods and develop processes for manufacturing graphite/graphene products
- Evaluate, improve, promote, and maintain HSE targets at the workplace
- Lead risk assessment activities
- Support site management in monitoring HSE processes and documentation
- Analyse samples from various sources to provide information on compounds or quantities of compounds present
- Use analytical techniques/instruments, such as ICP, BET, XRD, SEM, Rheology, Viscosimeter, DSC
- Interpret data and meet strict guidelines on documentation when recording data
- Report scientific results
- Develop techniques for the analysis of graphite/graphene products
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams and as part of publicly funded project consortia
- Liaise with customers, staff, and suppliers
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Degree in analytical chemistry or other relevant subjects, including
- applied chemistry/chemistry
- environmental science
- materials science or technology
- Self-confidence and motivation to investigate and solve complex problems
- Presentation skills and the ability to convey technical information to non-technical people
- A good standard of numeracy and skills in data analysis
- IT and technology skills to work with advanced techniques
- effective teamworking skills
As a person you:
- Have the ability to prioritise and schedule work to meet demands set by the department, company or external customer
- Have creativity and the ability to use initiative for independent work
- Have a flexible and methodical approach to work
The position is a full-time permanent position based in Rudolstadt, Germany and may require travel to Talga companies in UK and Sweden and to project meetings and external trials in Europe.
We handle applications on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled during the application period, therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible.
Applications close on 31/01/2022.
For specific questions please reach out to: Anna Motta at firstname.lastname@example.org
A sustainable culture
At Talga, our culture is actively built and lived by all employees.
With us, you will have impact. We make decisions and take actions that have a strong positive effect. We act with intent and care to create products with a purpose for the companies that are defining the future.
You will be reliable. We are dependable and trusted to deliver on our commitments. We are steadfast to our promises, no matter what. We stick to our principles and remain true to our vision to deliver on our mission and goals.
You will have ingenuity. We employ an entrepreneurial spirit to find the better way. We apply original thinking to imagine the ideal outcome. We are resourceful to make the better way a reality.
You will work with transparency. We take full ownership of our operations and offer visibility into our processes as we scale and grow. We are answerable for our actions and have an obligation to pursue excellence in everything that we do.
You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanity serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, religion, nationality, ethnic background, disability, and age.
For more information about working at Talga, visit www.talgagroup.com